Registered Users Only
Updates are for registered customers only and will not work with shareware versions. They require a password. You will receive the password and additional instructions via e-mail.
1. Run Search and Replace and look at the version in the About box (use the Help/About menu or the '?' button on the toolbar). If you have version 6.6, you have the latest and do not need an update.
2. If you do not have v 6.6, select the update installer for 32-bit or 64-bit, depending on your original Search and Replace installation. We recommend you download the file and save it on your hard disk instead of using a 'Run from here' type choice if your web browser offers. Make a note of the file name and the location where your browser saves the file.
3. Use your file manager or Windows Explorer and navigate to where the update installer was saved. Double click on the utility to run it.
4. The update utility will attempt to locate your existing installation. If the correct file (SR32.exe or SR64.exe) cannot be located you will be prompted to navigate to the correct folder.
5. The update utility requires a password. The password was sent to you via email. Copy and paste the password from the email message into the prompt. Or you can type it in by hand if you are an accurate typist.
6. The update will then follow standard installation choices. You MUST install into the same folder as your current installation!
7. Please restart your computer if you are prompted to do so.
8. If you use a language module, visit the Search and Replace International page and follow the links to your language page to obtain a module for 6.6.
Note: The patches require passwords, which will be distributed via e-mail. Registered users are eligible to receive 12 months of updates as part of their registration. License extensions can be purchased for a starting price of $11 per user per year, depending on your original license. Discounts are available for multiple licenses/products. Extensions are effective from the expiration date of your current license. Contact email@example.com if you have questions about passwords or license renewals.
Thank you for using our software!
© 1995-2019 Funduc Software. All rights reserved.